Contact Us Today! | vcare@wdmtech.com

WDMtech

Topic-icon line chart with date on x axis

More
06 Oct 2017 05:52 #4927

Hi,
Are you trying to edit the data values available in Database before plotting these on the Chart?

Thanks
Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter Scal
  • Peter Scal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
05 Oct 2017 19:08 #4926

ok, i've been working on this but still no resolution.

I think the issue is that i'm creating the data using Fabrik, which puts the value label in the database table, and to get the the raw numeric value i need to add _raw to the data element but vChart dropdown doesn't show that element and I can't edit it.

I'll send the login as you suggested.

peter

More
27 Sep 2017 12:36 #4891

Hello,
Do you see Label Line style option for Horizontal access in Formatting section? There is an option to select Data type. Please choose the required data type here as per your requirements. It would work fine. And for the database related issue, Please share your backend & FTP login credentials via Contact us form, We'll look into it.

Thanks
Daniel

• Peter Scal
  • Peter Scal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
26 Sep 2017 23:21 #4888

Hello, I'm having a tough time getting started with vChart (read thru documentation twice). I tried to access data tables in Joomla created using Fabric, but couldn't get vChart to render the values from a column that had text labels attached to numeric elements ....so I downloaded the csv table and used it to create my chart. I was using a date/time element for the x axis but I can't get the formatting to fit in vChart (the mysql value is Y-m-d H:i:s) but don't see a similar format in vChart. I've attached screenshots of how this is setup in general and formatting section, and the resulting chart. if i use a different value for the x axis i get something close to what I"m looking for (see screenshot..)

can you help me get started here? thanks, Pbs

Attachments: