WDMtech

Topic-icon Trying to Pass Data Into Chart Query

• Eugene Campbell
  • Eugene Campbell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
09 Jul 2018 13:27 #6133

Reply has been sent. I am able to see the dropdown just fine on my end. If you take a look at the article in the editor you can also see it. Not sure why you are not seeing the drop down on the frontend. I included an image of the dropdown in my email reply.

-Eugene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2018 13:21 #6132

A reply to your Email has been sent, Please check and revert back to the email.

Thanks
Daniel

• Eugene Campbell
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
09 Jul 2018 02:53 #6126

Daniel,

I sent the requested information via 'Contact Us'. The article that contains the charge and the dropdown is located under Reports --> General --> Chart Test under the main menu.

-Eugene

More
04 Jul 2018 13:25 #6118

Hello,
Please share your backend & FTP login credentials via Contact us form along with the page URL where you are displaying the chart. We'll look into it.

Thanks
Daniel

• Eugene Campbell
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
04 Jul 2018 13:00 #6117

Checking to see if I can get an update.

Thanks,
-Eugene

• Eugene Campbell
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
02 Jul 2018 23:45 #6112

Daniel,

That variable comes from a dropdown that I placed in an article that also contains the chart. I figured that when the article is opened the value of the drop down would be used in the database query.

This is the code that was placed in the article:

<p><select name="ChartYear" on-change="this.form.submit();"><option value="2018">2018</option><option value="2017">2017</option><option value="2016">2016</option><option value="2015">2015</option><option value="2014">2014</option><option value="2013">2013</option><option value="2012">2012</option></select></p>
<div style="width: 70px; display: block; vertical-align: bottom; margin: left; padding: 0px;"><form action="" method="POST">

More
02 Jul 2018 12:41 #6110

Hello,
Where did you get the {ChartYear} keyword from? There is no such keyword supported by vChart. You can put the request variables within curly braces in your database query, vChart will replace these keywords with the request values.

Thanks
Daniel
Last Edit: 02 Jul 2018 12:43 by Daniel.

• Eugene Campbell
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
30 Jun 2018 04:06 #6105

I have an Article that I have put in a drop down with some years in it as follows:

<p><select name="ChartYear" on-change="this.form.submit();"><option value="2018">2018</option><option value="2017">2017</option><option value="2016">2016</option><option value="2015">2015</option><option value="2014">2014</option><option value="2013">2013</option><option value="2012">2012</option></select></p>
<div style="width: 70px; display: block; vertical-align: bottom; margin: left; padding: 0px;"><form action="" method="POST">

I am using Chart Data Existing Database and have written my on SQL Query. In my query I have included {ChartYear} so that the WHERE statement will pull data for the selected year.

I then added a chart to the article using:

{vchartmodule 351}

With that said I load the article and get no chart. I have my dropdown but changing the value of the drop down has no effect on the chart in the article.

Can I please get your assistance.

Thanks,
-Eugene