Topic-icon Cannot Import Categories

More
24 Oct 2017 09:43 #5028

Hi,
There is a separate Menu within vData for Logs. If you do not see the Log menu then Please enable it from vData configuration. And Please let me know if It is importing a few categories or not at all?

Thanks
Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• John Paquette
  • John Paquette's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
23 Oct 2017 15:18 #5027

Hi Daniel,

I have checked the trash as well. Not sure what I'm missing. I have not checked the log, how do I do that?

John

More
21 Oct 2017 11:48 #5024

Hello,
Have you checked the trash as well? It seems you have not emptied the trash. Please also check the log. Is it importing any category or not at all?

Thanks
Daniel

• John Paquette
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
20 Oct 2017 19:21 #5022

Here is the CSV that was exported from the current website, that I am trying to import into the new website.

UPDATE: Wont let me upload the zipped CSV file. It says; Failed to open upload input stream.

• John Paquette
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
20 Oct 2017 19:19 #5021

Here is the CSV that was exported from the current website, that I am trying to import into the new website.

• John Paquette
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
20 Oct 2017 18:14 #5020

Hello,

I am trying to import all my categories from my old site into my development URL. I wen ahead an deleted all articles and categories for all components in the hopes to import everything exactly the same as the old site.

Every-time I try to import the CSV file, I get this message: Another category with the same parent category has the same alias (remember it may be a trashed item).
Import Failed.

I've gone through all categories and I'm not seeing any. Not sure what is going on.

John