WDMtech

Topic-icon Kunena Forum Data Transfer

• Steve Gower
  • Steve Gower's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
07 Jan 2016 17:54 #1852

I do not often rave about a product but your support is top notch and the vData component is superb.

I was able to import from my Joomla 2.5.28 site over to my new Joomla 3.4.8 site the following programs without any issue:

Kunena Forum
UDDEIM Instant Messenger
Serial number data from an old component I built into a new component I built.

All went flawlessly...

Thanks for a great component.

Thank you for its ease of use...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2016 13:48 #1850

Hello Steve,
A step by step guide to import the Data www.wdmtech.com/vData-Documentation/step...es-from-other-joomla

Here I'm mentioning the steps to import data into your Joomla 3 Kunena forum from Joomla 2.5

1. Create a Profile in Joomla 3 and select the Kunena table in which you want to import the Data
2. When you select the database table, it will load all the columns available in that table. You can choose to include or skip any column you want.
3. You can also join other tables with a column in case the table has a reference key to other Database tables.
4. Go to Import section and Choose the profile you just created.
5. Choose any Data format ( your data is available in ) e.g. CSV, JSON, XML, Database
6. In your case you can choose Database. If you choose Database, you need to enter database login credentials. And If you choose other methods you can either upload the file or can give the path to the Data source.
7. Click on continue, Map the fields and Click the Import now button.

That's it.

Thanks
Daniel

• Steve Gower
  • Steve Gower's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
05 Jan 2016 18:10 #1845

How do I go about transferring the data from my Kunena forum on a 2.5.28 Joomla site over to a 3.4.8 Joomla site?

Last Edit: 05 Jan 2016 18:10 by Steve Gower.