Contact Us Today! | vcare@wdmtech.com

WDMtech

Topic-icon Import / Export Via API

More
1 year 3 months ago #2353

Here It is:

Let's take an example, You want to import Data in a Review component with JSON format with the help of JSON API Call. To achieve this you need to go through the following two steps only:

1. Create a Profile to insert data in review Database table.
2. Create a JSON import Feed to let API call the URL and insert data in desired fields.
3. You would get the feed URL in Cron/Feed section, You'll to append all the field values to this URL while making the API Call as the following:

www.yourwebsiteurl/index.php?option=com_...ype=add-review&items [page_title]=???&items[rating]=???&items[user]=???&items[name]=???

Attachment profile-creation.png not found

Attachment Feed-creation.png not found

Attachment field-mapping.png not found

Thanks
Daniel
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Daniel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• James Moeller
  • James Moeller's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #2352

Where can I find the documentation for that API?

More
1 year 3 months ago #2351

Hello,
You need to create an Import Feed for the purpose. But please note You can insert only one record at one time using API call. We are continuously working to improve the functionality. We are soon going to incorporate more flexibility to it.

Thanks
Daniel

• James Moeller
  • James Moeller's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #2349

Once I've created an Import/Export Profile, is there a way to execute that profile via a remote API call?

I have a remote procedure that generates data that I'd like to import into Joomla. So I'd like this remote procedure to be able to start the import/export profile execution when the data is ready to be imported.