Contact Us Today! | vcare@wdmtech.com

WDMtech

Topic-icon Import menus from database fails

More
7 months 1 day ago #3869

You can import/export Drupal data as well with this. You can change Database credentials in vData configuration and create import / export profiles for Drupal as per your requirements.

Can you please do us a favour by leaving a full score review on JED? It would be highly appreciable. Here is the link:

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...mport-a-export/vdata

Thanks
Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Lawson
  • Chris Lawson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 months 1 day ago #3868

I installed the 2.x component on the production site and exported the menus as .csv, then imported them into the 3.5 development site and they're there now, in all their glory. Painless, really.

Y'guys should make a version of this for Drupal. They would build statues of you.

cmkl

More
7 months 1 day ago #3866

Hello,

Yes, Filters are not available in case of direct database to database transfer. That's why a few records e.g. root and Home Menu ( because there can be only 1 Home / Default Menu ) will cause problems. In your case it might be Home Menu. Or you can export records in CSV/XML/Json format by changing database connection details in vData configuration.

Thanks
Daniel
Last Edit: 7 months 1 day ago by Daniel.

• Chris Lawson
  • Chris Lawson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 months 1 day ago #3860

I am unable to import my menus from the Joomla 2.5 database of the production site to the Joomla 3.x database of the development site. I got the Root alias already exists error as some others have. There's no 'filter' option when importing from database to database. So I renamed the alias in the Joomla 2.5 database manually.

Now the import still fails, but the only message I get is 'error'.

I look in the logs and it doesn't log anything for this. Where it did when I had the existing root alias issue.

The only other issues could be that I am unsure what to do with parent_id and component_id. There are too many combinations to test. If someone could provide me with the answer about which columns to pick, that would help me narrow down the source of this vaguely-described error.

Thanks