Contact Us Today! | vcare@wdmtech.com

WDMtech

Topic-icon menu items import

More
4 months 1 week ago #4021

Hello,
Please check this thread:

www.wdmtech.com/support-forum/vdata/import-export-error#3518

There is a record with root level in Menus database table which is not visible in administration section, You might be importing that.

And as per the logs component_id is not found in logs, so you might be trying to import menu's of some component which is not installed on your site

Delete previous menu items from database if there is any without component id since those alias will be present in database

In menu export profile select order by column as "lft" and direction as "ASC"

Thanks
Daniel
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Daniel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Christoph
  • Christoph's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 1 week ago #4020

To be honest, I am not sure if I should stick on using vdata.

I tried to transfer files from my Joomla core, from Jevents and from Hikashop to a completely fresh and updated Joomla installation. I used the default profiles for all them, and while it worked out well for Joomla categories and articles, everything else produced only problems. Re-trying with different configs produced even more errors.

Menu transfer: At first try I get a "parse error", at second try the system says "success", but no menus are visible in my joomla installation, third try says something like "there is already an item with the same alias", but there is no item, not even in the trashcan, and the cache is cleaned.

Jevents transfer: At first try the system says "success" but there are actually no events displayed in the event management section, and on second try it says" success. 0 items transferred", although there are several hundert items in the csv-file, and on third try I only get a very messed up error message.

Hikashop transfer: Product categories worked on first try, but then the product transfer doesn´t work at all - although the system says "success", nothing is displayed in my hikashop.

Some people here in the forum seemed to have similar problems, but instead of sharing your solutions, you usually write "please send us your login details via contact us form ..." and that´s the end of the story - so why do you provide this forum anyway? Anyways, while I personally wouldn´t have a problem with this method and trust you, I am simply not allowed to give our login details to an external party.

• Christoph
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 1 week ago #4017

Hi, did try with different configurations and of course with the default menu import/export profile. on my target joomla installation I only have 3 menus (I need them for language configuration) and only one single menu item with completetly random menu alias und menutypes.
this is the error log (the german senctence at the end says "another menu item with the same parent has this alias):

#Date: 2017-03-15 08:34:07 UTC
#Software: Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

#Fields: datetime priority clientip category message
2017-03-15T08:34:07+00:00 INFO 213.185.182.226 com_vdata Import Profile title - Import Joomla Menus 5
2017-03-15T08:34:07+00:00 INFO 213.185.182.226 com_vdata Import Table - #__menu
2017-03-15T08:34:07+00:00 INFO 213.185.182.226 com_vdata Import Format - CSV
2017-03-15T08:34:07+00:00 ERROR 213.185.182.226 com_vdata component_id - reference data not found on local server
2017-03-15T08:34:07+00:00 ERROR 213.185.182.226 com_vdata Insert fail with error Ein anderer Menüeintrag mit dem gleichen übergeordneten Eintrag hat diesen Alias .

thank you!

More
4 months 1 week ago #4016

Hello,
Please check the log for a detailed message or share your backend & FTP login credentials via contact us form, We'll look into it.

Thanks
Daniel

• Christoph
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 1 week ago #4014

ok, managed to solve Pt. 1, seemed to be a cache problem. still working on the menu transfer, where i get a parse error.

• Christoph
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 1 week ago #4011

Hello!

I just purchased vData and have lots of troubles. My goal is to transfer all contents from the database of my old website to the new one - every ID, every alias should stay as it is. (The file system of the old site was hacked, so I just can´t use a backup file, I can only use the datebase information, which I want to include in a new and clean joomla installation.)

Hope you can help!

1. The default import profiles doesn´t work. Only when I use a profile with the setting "update" with "alias" as primary key, it works. Then, however, all the items have different IDs compared to my old site. Setting "id" as a primary key doesn´t work, I always get the error message "another article in this category has the same alias" (although there is not a single other article in the new joomla installation, not even in the trash bin).

2. The transfer of the menu items doesn´t work at all. I tried various settings (insert, update with alias as primary keys), but it never works, always the same messages. Didn´t find a working solution in the forum.

Please help! - Why do the default profiles not work?
Thank you!