WDMtech

Topic-icon Template Export

• Jorge A Vazquez
  • Jorge A Vazquez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 2 weeks ago #4223

After much fiddling, I have resolved my own issue - the issue was simply that the vData component was not completely installed. I do remember the first time I installed the software I received an error message but since the component appeared to have installed correctly, I did not pay much attention to the error and kept going. If you are having weird import/export issues, please make sure that you install vData and that no errors are shown on the screen. If you receive ANY sort of error message, remove the software and try again. I had to remove and reinstall vData at least 5 times and then finally it installed correctly. I don't really know why this was happening, but I do know that once the component installed without error, importing the items I had exported from my Joomla source site was a painless process. It all just 'worked' as advertised.

Just the time this component saved me more than paid for the component. Thank you! :) :) :) :) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jorge A Vazquez
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 2 weeks ago #4217

Thank you for your help. I have restored the site from backup. Upon restoring the files and DB, I performed the following tasks:

• Installed the requisite modules, plugins, and components
  • Installed the new template
  • Installed vData
  • Updated all Joomla! extensions

I noticed that this time, the vData menu item is missing from the administrator menu. Maybe I need to logout and log back in? Also, if I go to create a Profile and select Custom, the other options that were showing up before do not show up now. :huh:

The things I need to install are all template styles, all modules, all menus, all Roksprocket content. I have already exported these items from the source site and you can find the CSV files in the folder called export under the Joomla! root. I tried importing the menus but as you will see, that operation fails - I used the default profile included with vData to export the CSV.

I have sent you my credentials as requested. There is no FTP but you can access the file system via Extplorer or send me your public SSH key and I can grant you access that way.

Thanks!.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #4212

Hello,
Please share your backend & FTP login credentials via Contact us form, We'll look into it.

Thanks
Daniel

• Jorge A Vazquez
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #4209

I have purchased a template that comes bundled with a 'demo' installation of Joomla where all of the modules have already been created and styled correctly, etc. However, as all of us know, it is not possible to simply install the demo package on our current Joomla web site and so I purchased vData with the intention of exporting the modules and the template from said demo site to my production site.

I see that here in the forums it has been said that the vData package comes with predefined profiles for importing and exporting modules but my installation does not have these profiles and I have installed the package on both sites. So it looks like there are no profiles included for importing and exporting modules in the latest version of vData.

I tried creating a profile myself and using the quick method I am able to export the modules and template to a CSV file but importing them back into my production site does not seem to work.

This is what I have done:

ON DEMO SITE
- installed vData
- created profile to export template
- created profile for exporting modules
- exported modules using above profile
- exported template using above profile
- exported menus using built-in profile

ON PRODUCTION SITE
- Installed all external components and plugins the template depends on
- Installed template
- Installed vData
- created profile to import template
- created profile to import modules
- imported template file exported from demo site - FAILED, says template 'ts-dailytimes' already exists
- imported menu file exported from demo site - FAILED, says 'features' menu already exists
- imported modules exported from demo site - FAILED, says something about an unknown error

I can live with the template not importing. But the menus and the modules are a MUST. I tried looking in the TRASHED menu items but for some reason, when I attempt to do that, the search filter disappears from the Joomla Administrator. Why oh why!?? I am losing my mind over here! :S

Being able to export modules from demo site to production site is the only reason I bought vData and I am more than a little disappointed so far but I am hoping that I am just not doing something right. Would anyone please explain to me what I am doing wrong??? And please, be as succinct as possible.