WDMtech

Topic-icon Need to disable scrollwheel zoom

• John Duffy
  • John Duffy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 1 week ago #3410

I had a look at the webpage on a mobile device again, and the map doesn't move now when swiping with a finger. The message to use two fingers to move the map appears. It must have been a cache that needed cleared. Sorry about not clearing the cache before getting in contact. That seems to be everything working now. Thanks for your help.

Best regards, JD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• John Duffy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 1 week ago #3406

Thanks Daniel, I'll do that now.

More
10 months 1 week ago #3404

Hi,
Please share your backend & FTP login credentials along with the link where you have published the module via Contact us form, We'll look into it.

Thanks
Daniel

• John Duffy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 1 week ago #3402

A strange thing happened. The main menu did not allow the drop down submenu items to display. I tried to figure out what was causing it, and by chance thought of disabling the vmap module, just in case there was some interference, which was unlikely, but the timing of the problem pointed towards trying that. I disabled the map module, and the sub-menu items displayed as before. I enabled and disabled it a few times to be sure. When the vmap module was enabled, there was jscript error in the console. I disabled the Load jquery in the module, and everything was then working fine. I'm wasn't sure if I needed that enabled initially, but it seemed to do no harm until I was checking the whole site later on. But thankfully the map didn't need that to display properly. I just thought that I'd let you know. I'm not sure if the root cause of the problem is caused by the map or the menu, though. I can provide more details of the error if desired (line number and script code).

• John Duffy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 1 week ago #3400

(Page timed out losing last reply - here it is again)
Many thanks Zaheer.
That works on a PC where the mousewheel does not zoom.
However, it doesn't stop a finger swipe on a mobile device from moving the map instead of scrolling down the page.
Can it be set so that the mobile devices allow the webpage to scroll but don't allow the map to scroll within the map part of the page? (I had this scrollwhel=false option working on another Joomla Google map extension, but it didn't work in a responsive manner, resizing the map when changing orientation on mobile devices, with whole pages being expanded or shrunk to fit the whole map in from the previous orientation, so I have tried out this extension instead.)

Is there anything that I should do, or which can be done?

Best regards, JD

More
10 months 1 week ago #3399

Hi

Please check now , it is showing the updated package of vmap in order section of user account.

Thanks
Zaheer

• John Duffy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 1 week ago #3398

Hi Zaheer, that is just great. Thanks for adding that.
However, can you please tell me how to download the latest version? I've looked in my orders and the download is the same version as the one I downloaded initially, and I can't seem to find anywhere else to download from.

More
10 months 1 week ago #3397

Hi

Please download the latest package of vmap, we have added the zoom control on mouse wheel feature in vmap..

Thanks
Zaheer

• John Duffy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 1 week ago #3390

Hi, I purchased this thinking that it offered control over the zoom on scroll. But I found out then that it offers different types of zoom interface, but not scrollwheel option to disable zoom when scrolling down a webpage or swiping across a mobile device. Is there any way that I can disable scrollwheel using this product? It's a real problem since on smaller mobile screens with a 100% width map the user is stuck moving the map and has to refresh the page to get away from the map section of the webpage. This is a real problem and I'm searching for a product which allows this as well as having a responsive layout on different devices. Any suggestions as to what I should do?