When you purchase HexSys Product Size Plugin for Virtuemart from our site, you will receive an email contain a link to download the extension in a zip file called plg_vmcustom_size.zip for Joomla 2.x and plg_vmcustom_size_j3x.zip for Joomla 3.x.
Follow the instructions below and you will be able to install the extension easily
Install the Plugin
HexSys Product Size Plugin for Virtuemart is a Joomla Plugin and like any other Joomla Plugin, it can be installed within two clicks! The installation process is simple:
- Login to back-end of your site.
- Access to Extensions => Extension Manager Menu item.
- Browse for the file plg_vmcustom_size_j3x.zip.
- Click on “Upload and Install” button.
- You will get an installation successful message and the links to our support forum and other social media links.
- In case you need to get in contact with us. We will always be responsive within a short span of time.
- Once Package in installed you can reach it Plugin section and enabled this Plugin.
Create your Custom fields in Virtuemart
- Go to the Plugin Manager and Enabled the Plugin.
- Go to Components > Virtuemart > Custom Fields and press New. Then as Custom Field Type select “Plug-ins”. Fill in the rest fields till the end of the page.
- After selecting the plugin type, the parameters of that plugin will be loaded.
- Price Offset: set Price offset to the custom field which means whether to include the Product Price with custom field calculated price or just simply override the original price of the Product with the new calculated price of the custom field.
- Once you created custom field then apply Save.
Assign Custom fields to the products
- After the creation of the custom field lets go to assign it to a product.
- Select a product and go to the Custom Fields Tab.
- Then from the Custom Field Type list select the custom field you have created previously.
- Choose the Display Type either Dropdown option or User Input Field option.
- Set your product sizes e.g. width, height and prices through this Plugin
- Set the Unit for the dimensions.
- Set Minimum and Maximum limit for dimensions i.e. Width and Height (in User Input Fields case).
- Apply save button and go to front end product detail page where you find your Size option in dropdown.