This screen enables you to configure vData.
During the install process, vData will be automatically configured using your Joomla Configuration but you can modify it at any time. To change these configuration parameters, please login to back-end, access vData => Configuration. All settings here are applied to vData Component.
Most of the basic configuration settings that affect the entire vData are here in Configuration. Be sure to review all the options here when setting up a configuration to ensure that the basic configuration matches what you want. There are many configuration parameters, the meaning of each parameter is explained in tooltip, and they are easy to understand. I will just explain the meaning of all the parameters in the below section:
- Save: Saves the Configuration settings and stays on the same screen.
- Cancel: Returns to vData Dashboard.
- ACL: Using vData you can restrict the access of functionalities for any User group.
- Help: Access the detailed information and documentation for vData.
- Import/Export Batch Limit: Enter here the number of records to complete the process in small chunks to avoid Memory Exhaustion / Execution time out in case of Huge Data. Keep it empty to complete the process in one go
- Dashboard in Columns: You can divide dashboard in any number of rows and columns which allows you to create widgets with flexible width and height.
- Dashboard Row Height: You can set the Widget Row Height to make a widget flexible.
- CSV Column Separator: You can define whatever separator you want to use in CSV file, such as commas, pipes, tabs, space and semicolons. You can set your own custom CSV separator by clicking on “Other” option and put your custom CSV separator.
- CSV Column Enclosure: You can also set enclosure for text in CSV file. You can set your own custom CSV Enclosure by clicking on “Other” option and put your custom CSV Enclosure.
- CSV format for Chained tables: You can set the CSV chained join table data to Line Separated means data from another joined table will be displayed in the other line of CSV File. To retain the data in the same line set this option to default.
- Separator for Chained tables: Set the Chained table’s data separator as per your need if you choose CSV chained join table data value to default.
- Database Configuration: Set the Database Configuration for Data Migration Operation. Check the Checkbox if you want to perform Data Migration Process between your Local Server Database. If you want to perform Data Migration Process to/from Remote Server Database then left the Checkbox unchecked. Some Additional fields will be displayed in case of Remote Server.
- Driver: The Server Database Driver e.g. mysql or mysqli etc.
- Host Name: The Host name running Database Server or use the Server IP address.
- Database User: The username accessing the Database on Server.
- Password: The password you entered for that Database user.
- Database Name: The Database Name on Server.
- Database Prefix: The Prefix of Database Tables e.g. jos_ etc.
vData offers you to set User Based Permissions. It allows you to restrict the access of functionalities from a particular User Group. Users with proper permissions from Joomla ACL can perform various tasks in Front-end