This screen enables you to configure vData.
During the install process, vData will be automatically configured using your Joomla Configuration but you can modify it at any time. To change these configuration parameters, please login to back-end, access vData => Configuration.
Most of the basic configuration settings that affect the entire vData are here in Configuration. Be sure to review all the options here when setting up a configuration to ensure that the basic configuration matches what you want. There are many configuration parameters, the meaning of each parameter is explained in tooltip, and they are easy to understand. I will just explain the meaning of all the parameters in the given sections:
- Save: Saves the Configuration settings and stays on the same screen.
- Cancel: Returns to vData Dashboard.
- ACL: Using vData you can restrict the access of functionalities for any User group.
- Help: Access the detailed information and documentation for vData.
The Configuration is divided into Four Sections. The first section is known as the "General" section, second section is known as the "PHP Settings", third section is known as "CSV/XML/JSON Settings" section and last section is known as the "Notification" section. All settings here are applied to vData Component.
1. General Tab
vData allows you to configure various parameters which can be used in Data Management & Migration Process. You can set these parameters as per your need.
- Import/Export Batch Limit: Enter here the number of records to complete the process in small chunks to avoid Memory Exhaustion / Execution time out in case of Huge Data. Keep it empty to complete the process in one go
- Dashboard in Columns: You can divide dashboard in any number of rows and columns which allows you to create widgets with flexible width and height.
- Dashboard Row Height: You can set the Widget Row Height to make a widget flexible.
- Logging Status: Set the Logging Status to Enable for generating logs of all actions executed through Data Migration and Management Process. If you set it to Disable, then new Logs will not be generated and stored in Logs View.
- Database: Set the Database Configuration for Data Migration Operation. Check the Checkbox if you want to perform Data Migration Process between your Local Server Database. If you want to perform Data Migration Process to/from Remote Server Database, then left the Checkbox unchecked. Some Additional fields will be displayed in case of Remote Server.
- Driver: The Server Database Driver e.g. mysql or mysqli etc.
- Host Name: The Host name running Database Server or use the Server IP address.
- Database User: The username accessing the Database on Server.
- Password: The password you entered for that Database user.
- Database Name: The Database Name on Server.
- Database Prefix: The Prefix of Database Tables e.g. jos_ etc.
2. PHP Settings Tab
- Max Execution Time: Enter scripts Maximum Execution Time in seconds. You can enter ZERO for unlimited time. vData has to divide the migration process in individual small steps in order to avoid server timeouts.
- Memory Limit: Enter scripts Memory Limit in MB(Megabytes). You can enter -1 (Negative One) for Unlimited Memory. This sets the maximum amount of memory in Megabytes that a script is allowed to allocate which helps prevent poorly written scripts for eating up all available memory on the server.
- POST Limit: You can set here PHP POST Data Limit. It sets maximum size of post data allowed.
- Upload Limit: You can set here PHP Upload Size Limit It sets maximum size of an uploaded file.
3. CSV/XML/JSON Settings Tab
- CSV Column Separator: You can define whatever separator you want to use in CSV file, such as commas, pipes, tabs, space and semicolons. You can set your own custom CSV separator by clicking on “Other” option and put your custom CSV separator.
- CSV Column Enclosure: You can also set enclosure for text in CSV file. You can set your own custom CSV Enclosure by clicking on “Other” option and put your custom CSV Enclosure.
- CSV format for Chained tables: You can set the CSV chained join table data to Line Separated means data from another joined table will be displayed in the other line of CSV File. To retain the data in the same line set this option to default.
- Separator for Chained tables: Set the Chained table’s data separator as per your need if you choose CSV chained join table data value to default. Different columns of Chained tables will occupy different columns but all the records in a single column will be kept within a single cell separated by the given delimiters.
- CSV Header: You can set this option to Enable if you want to Include the CSV Header in Export File.
- XML Parent Nodes: You can enter Document Root Node and Data Root Node like Row Parent OR Child Row Parent etc. which can be used in Export Data in XML File.
- XML Nodes: You can select column as XML Node Name or enter Custom Node name and Attribute Name as per your need.
4. Notification Tab
- Notification Status: You can Enable this option to get Notification Emails on each Import/Export operation executed from Frontend as well as from CRON job.
- Notification Recipients: You can enter comma separated email addresses as Notification Recipients.
- Import/Export Report: You can select Time Duration (Daily/Weekly/Monthly) to receive Import/Export Statistic Report.
- Notification CRON URL: You can use this CRON URL to set CRON JOB on your server to send the Import/Export Statistic Report Notification Emails.
- Import/Export Statistic Report Template: You can set as well as customize Import/Export Statistic Report Template. You can adjust the position of different elements. You can delete some elements or add some elements, anything you want. The bracketed fields keywords will be automatically filled with actual value comes from the database.
vData offers you to set User Based Permissions. It allows you to restrict the access of functionalities from a particular User Group. Users with proper permissions from Joomla ACL can perform various tasks in Front-end