vData lets you to generate API for Cron as well as Feeds in an Easier and Faster way. Along with generating Cron API for Data Migration Process (Import and Export) to schedule it on your server, you can also generate Feeds API in various data format like RSS2, RSS1, ATOM, XML, JSON and CSV. You can also generate SITEMAP of your website in XML format.
To manage Cron/Feeds, please go to vData => Cron/Feeds (or go to Dashboard and click on Cron/Feeds link in sub-menu). On the page, you will see list of Cron and Feeds which you created and you will be able to add/edit/delete Cron/Feeds using the buttons on toolbar
To create a Cron or Feed, you can simply click on New button in the toolbar and fill-in necessary information. Based on your chosen option additional fields will be displayed in the Form.
- Title: Title or Name of the Cron/Feed.
- Type: Choose the Type from the options whether it is Cron or Feed.
- Operation Type: Choose the Operation Type whether it is IMPORT Type or EXPORT Type. In Import case for Feed, Data will be imported through GET or POST method i.e. data can be pass through URL or can posted using a form, CURL or mobile application etc.
- Profile: Choose the Profile from Profile List using which you want to Import/Export the Data or generate Feeds. You can select a profile from the list or execute Database queries via Query Box to fetch the desired Data from the Database table.
- Unique ID: Enter some meaningful Unique Identifier (ID) for your Cron/Feed which will be used in URL or the Tool will generate it automatically if left blank
- Status: Choose the status of the Cron/Feed either Enable or Disable.
- Data Format: Choose your desired option from list as vData allows you to generate Cron for Import/Export process in multiple Data Format.
- Data Format options to generate Cron for Import/Export process are listed below:
- CSV File: On choosing this option a new field for Fill Path will be display to enter the CSV File Path located on either Local or Remote Server.
- JSON File: On choosing this option a new field for Fill Path will be display to enter the JSON File Path located on either Local or Remote Server.
- XML File: On choosing this option a new field for Fill Path will be display to enter the XML File Path located on either Local or Remote Server.
- Database: On choosing this option some field for Database information will be display to connect with either Local or Remote Database.
Data Format for Feed
- You can generate different types of XML feeds as listed below:
- RSS2: Choose this option to generate RSS2 Feed. Some Additional fields will be required to fill for generation of RSS2 Feed.
- Feed Title: The name of the channel.
- Feed Link: The URL to the HTML website corresponding to the channel.
- Feed Description: Phrase or sentence describing the channel.
- RSS1: Choose this option to generate RSS1 Feed. Some Additional fields will be required to fill for generation of RSS1 Feed.
- Feed Title: A descriptive title for the channel.
- Feed Link: The URL to which an HTML rendering of the channel title will link, commonly the parent site's home or news page.
- Feed Description: A brief description of the channel's content, function, source, etc.
- ATOM: Choose this option to generate ATOM Feed. Some Additional fields will be required to fill for generation of ATOM Feed.
- Feed Title: Contains a human readable title for the feed. Often the same as the title of the associated website.
- Feed Category: Specifies a category that the feed belongs to.
- Author Name: Names of author of the feed.
- Author Email: Contains an email address for the person or Author.
Based on some main field options, some additional fields will be displayed in the form.
- Enter Path: vData allows you to read the file either from your Local Server or from Remote Server for Importing your Data to generate Cron API for Import Process. Enter your Data Source File Path into the input box after selecting the option “Local Server” or “Remote Server”.
- Local or Remote Database: Checked this option if you want to perform import process from your local database table. But if you want to connect to Remote Server Database then Unchecked this checkbox and fill the necessary information to connect the Remote Server Database as we described earlier in Data Import Section.
- Access: Choose the Access level for the Feed API.
Click on “Continue” Button for further settings for generating API for Cron/Feeds. You will redirect to another layout where you can set which data from the Data Source will go to which column of your target source.
Click on “Save & Close” Button to complete the Cron/Feed generation process.
Now you can directly view the generated API for Feeds in the browser by clicking on generated API Link.