vData allows you to set up Custom Data Profiles which displays Data Records or Items from the database direct by selecting predefined Profiles or by writing your own custom query.You can show your precise data on Frontend with controllable search and advance Filters which can be managed by a simple user interface.
You can set different Templates for Listing Layout and Detail Layout for Displaying your data in frontend. To manage Display Profiles, please go to vData => Display (or go to Dashboard and click on Display link in sub-menu). On the page, you will see list of Display Profiles list which you created and you will be able to add/edit/delete Display Profiles using the buttons on toolbar.
To create a Display Profile, you can simply click on New button in the toolbar and fill-in necessary information.
You will see a few Basic Fields on the form and when you choose or enter values in these fields, some additional fields will load based on your Inputs.
- Title: Title or Name of the Display Profile.
- Profile Alias: Enter Unique Display Profile Alias. If you left blank, Tool will generate a unique random alias automatically.
- Profile: Choose the Profile from Profile List using which you want use to generate Display Profiles. You can select a profile from the list or execute Database queries via Query Box to fetch the desired Data from the Database table.
- Unique Key: Set Unique column as Unique Key which is used to identifying unique record
- Unique Alias: Set Unique column as Unique Alias which is used by router file to make unique URL.
- Keyword Search: Set “YES” if you want to show a keyword Search Input Box on Display Profiles Layout to search a specific record by entering a keyword in Frontend.
- Like Search: Select the multiple columns in which you want to search the user input keyword from Frontend. For e.g. you want to make search the user input keyword in title field, description field, alias field etc.
- More Search: You can add multiple dynamic Filters by clicking on “Add More Filter” button. You can set a filter field, its type and their possible options. For e.g. You can set a Check Box type filter of Featured Articles, a Radio type filter for Publish/Unpublish state, a dropdown type filter of category etc.
- Access: Set this Display Profile Access to “Public”. You can also set another access level like Register, Special etc.
- Status: Set this option to “Enable” to enable this Display Profile.
- Item per Row: Select No. of Items you want to display in a single Row on List Layout.
- Select List Template: You can set as well as customize Display Profile Data List Template. You can adjust the position of the different elements. You can delete some elements or add some elements from the dropdown showing on left side of the editor. The bracketed fields keywords will be automatically filled with actual value comes from the database.
- Select Detail Template: You can set as well as customize Display Profile Data Detail Template. You can adjust the position of the different elements. You can delete some elements or add some elements from the dropdown showing on left side of the editor. The bracketed fields keywords will be automatically filled with actual value comes from the database.