Exporting is also the best technique for you to use if you expect to copy data from Database to Data Source File frequently. Along with numerous methods of importing data, vData also provides the export functionality in different ways to different locations. You can Export your desired data to location of your choice in your format choice. User can write or export data to local & remote server in CSV, JSON, XML, and database. To Export Data, please go to vData => Export (or go to Dashboard and click on Export link in sub-menu).
- Profile: Choose the Profile from dropdown using which you want to Export the Data. You can either select a profile from the list or can create a profile with your desired settings in the Profile section which we have discussed earlier.
- Data Format: vData allows you to Export your Data in multiple Data Format.
- You can Export the Data to the Data Format listed below:
- CSV File
- JSON File
- XML File
Exporting Data by Direct Download File
- Export File Location: Set the option to “Download File” if you want to direct download the exported data file on your local machine.
- You can Import the Data from the file type listed below:
- CSV File
- JSON File
- XML File
Exporting Data by Writing a File located on Server
- Export File Location: Set the option to “Write to Local Server” if you want to export data to a file located on your Local Server. You need to give path of directory where the file is located.
If you want to export data to a file located on a remote server, choose “Write To Remote Serve” option from the list and give the correct parth of the file placed on Remote Server.
Further you can set it whether you want to create and write fresh data (override the file if exist) or want to append the data to the existing file without losing previous data in that file.
If you want to export data to a file located on a remote server, choose “Write To Remote Serve” option from the list and enter FTP details of remote server like FTP Host, FTP Port, FTP User, FTP Password, FTP Directory and File Name.
Email Exported Data File
- Email Export File: You can email your exported data file by setting this option to “Enable” state. If you enabled this option, then some additional fields would be display to take some additional information. You can enter multiple email addresses by comma separated. Also, you can enter CC email address as well as BCC email address. You can also set the email subject and email body as per your need.
Note: Email Export File feature will not work for if you select “Database” in Data Format Field.
Click to “Continue” Button for Next & final step of Export Process. You will be redirected to a layout where you can set/modify the columns name of the Exported Data File. You can also set a Custom Node Path for a field in XML/JSON Data Source Format case.
Click on “Export Now” Button to start the Export Process after setting Column Names of the Exported Data File.
When you have a very long process ( exporting huge Data ) the progress bar will keep on showing the progress of your Data Migration Process until the process gets completed.
Exporting Data to Database
- Data Format: Set this option to “Database” If you want to perform Export operation to other tables of Database either on “Local Server Database” or “Remote Server Database”. If “Database” option selected by you then some additional fields will be display to take further information.
- Local Database: Check this option if you want to perform Export process to your local database table. But if you want to connect to Remote Server Database then Uncheck this checkbox and fill the necessary information to connect with Remote Server Database.
- Operation: Insert operation will only insert the records while update operation will update the records with already existing primary key values and insert the remaining new records. Synchronize operation will update the records with already existing primary key values, insert the remaining new records and delete those records from the "Target Table" which are not present in "Source Table or File".
- Driver: The Server Database Driver e.g. mysql or mysqli etc.
- Host Name: The Host name running Database Server or use the Server IP address.
- Database User: The username accessing the Database on Server.
- Password: The password you entered for that Database user.
- Database Name: The Database Name on Server.
Click to “Continue” Button for the next & final step of Export Process. You will be redirected to a layout where you can map columns of source Database table with the table where you want to export the Data. You will have to choose a table to which you want to export Data from Database.
Click on “Export Now” Button to start the Export Process after setting columns to the right fields.
When you have a very long process (exporting huge Data ) the progress bar will keep on showing the progress of your Data Migration Process until the process gets completed.