vQuiz is a very simple, enhanced and fascinating quiz tool, with flexible features user can enjoy with ease. vQuiz provides ability to create various quizzes to evaluate respondent's level of knowledge. vQuiz uses Charts, graphs, and an intuitive flow-oriented interface to make it quick and easy to get an accurate picture of quizzes. It makes beautiful graphic reports of your Quizzes as well as Users using colourful line charts, column charts and pie charts.
By using vQuiz, site user can create user-defined quiz pattern. vQuiz allows you to create and administer different Types of the Quizzes likewise Trivia Quiz, Personality Quiz, Audio/Video Quiz, Survey, Polls etc. Further User can add different Categories of Quizzes, likewise sports, general knowledge, general science, history, technology etc. User can also upload image to describe the Category as well as Quiz. User can successfully use it as a big quiz system in worldwide. Admin can set different text for different scores to display at the end of the Quiz. User can send as well as download the certificate to his/other email id with a dynamic Email template defined by the admin based on the user’s score. User can easily share Quiz on social networking sites. At the end of the Quiz user is represented with score obtained with a Graph.
vQuiz facilitated with Special JomSocial and Community Builder integration plugins which allows to display User's created quizzes and quizzes played Results on their JomSocial and Community Builder profiles. vQuiz also featured by a Flexible Dashboard with a variety of widgets including various types of graphs, charts and pivot tables to create interactive, interesting and insightful dashboard. A large variety of Widgets provided to admin and users (in Frontend) by vQuiz to give insight about the Quizzes, Quiz Players, Quiz Results, Scores etc. to let you monitor and analyze Quiz Players performance.
vQuiz comes with a very cool feature know as Branching (also known as contingency branching) to make your quizzes and surveys more effective and interactive. With branching scenarios you can decide which question the user has to answer next depending on his choices. Branching quizzes can dramatically improve user retention of knowledge.
vQuiz package contains 1 component, 9 modules and 5 Plugins
vQuiz allows you to create and administer Different Types of Quizzes.
- Trivia Quiz: To test the knowledge of quiz taker.
- Personality Quiz: To reveals certain things about a quiz taker.
- Survey: To gather opinions, information and feedback.
vQuiz lets you Categorize quizzes into infinite categories and subcategories to give you a clear picture of your Quiz.
- Unlimited categories (general knowledge, general science, history, technology).
- Unlimited category levels.
- Create and manage quiz categories.
- You can select an image to represent the Category.
- You can assign users access level of each category and quiz.
- Meta Tags and Meta descriptions can be easily added to any Category.
Advanced Graphical Reporting
- vQuiz provides numerous "Graphical Reports" to help you better visualize the reports quizzes and users.
- vQuiz lets you monitor Played Quizzes daily, weekly and monthly reports in beautiful info graphics and data visualizations.
- Includes Pie charts, Line Charts and Column Charts.
- Can apply filters to Graphical Reports either or both by the properties of a main entity and the properties of related entities.
- You can visualize your user on Users chart throughout the world and can apply a filter of Age Group. The map highlights the world top countries with highest quiz played by the users.
- Ability to view graphical representation of Most played quizzes by category, Top flagged questions, Quizzes played by date & country.
- vQuiz lets to track all quiz results played by users e.g. start time, end time, score, flag, status etc.
- Flexible configuration.
- Change, customize quiz mail template and quiz result template for Trivia Quiz and Personality Quiz.
- Ability to email as well as download the Certificate after playing Quiz.
- Take Snapshot of your Quiz Result.
- You can enable/disable a particular feature like Download Certificate, Take Snapshot, and Results Preview from Configuration.
- You can set Thumbnail size of Category and Quiz.
- Ability to set no of items dynamically to be display in a Single Row on Quiz listing.
- You can set up moderation on quizzes submitted by users in front end.
- Ability to restrict the user to print or copy the Quiz Content on Quiz Pages.
- Ability to let the User/Quiz Player save the Quiz in between as “Draft” to complete it later.
- Ability to create unlimited and manage quizzes
- Ability to create single / multiple choice type questions.
- You can also create Personality Type Quizzes and Surveys along with Trivia Type Quizzes.
- You can assign users access level of each quiz.
- Categorized Personality Quiz Type into “Single Personality Quiz” and “Multiple Personality Quiz”.
- Can set Minimum Percentage as well as Multiple Weight to include in Result for Multiple Personality Quiz case.
- You can create categories of score can assign different score in each category for each option of a Question to create a Simulation Quiz.
- You can set up Show Correct Answer whether to show after every question or at the end of Quiz or Nowhere.
- Quickly Move / copy quizzes from one category to another category.
- Can add Meta Tags and Meta descriptions for a particular quiz.
- Can set up number of attempts to a quiz for a particular user.
- Can also set up Time Delay between another attempt to a quiz for a particular user.
- Ability to allot time to each quiz separately.
- Ability to set passing score to each quiz separately.
- You can set up Skip Button and Back Button for a quiz.
- Ability to set a Flag Button for a quiz.
- Ability to choose to display questions as well as answers randomly/sequentially in a particular quiz.
- Ability to choose to display either 1 question per page or multiple questions per page.
- You can select an image to represent the Quiz.
- Ability to redirect the users to the different pages based on user's test score after quiz exam.
- Ability to set the access of a particular Quiz on a particular IP Address.
- Allow you to set the Quiz Result/Certificate template for each individual Quiz.
- Set up Start Publish Date and End Publish Date for a quiz.
- Ability to take user's basic information (like name, email, phone etc.) before playing Quiz for Guest Users type.
- Ability to add unlimited Questions in a particular quiz.
- Quickly Move / copy questions from one quiz to another quiz.
- Import/Export questions data in an Easier and Faster way in CSV Format.
- You can set up Question Time Limit for each question separately.
- Ability to set question type either Single Choice or Multiple Choice (Radio Button, Checkbox or Dropdown list).
- Ability to set either a comment box or “Other” option to take user comment or review to the question.
- Ability to set Penalty for incorrect answers as well as answers given after time elapsed.
- Ability to set the weight of the quiz and also set the option's score in Trivia Quiz Type.
- Allow you to upload image for each option of the answer while creating a Question.
- Ability to add an extensive feedback option (as a text field) of a Question.
- Ability to create different types of Branching Rules (like skip question, jump to question, Force End the Quiz etc.) as per your need.
- Ability to branch Quiz Player to different parts of your quiz based on their answers.
Users with proper permissions (setup by admin via Joomla ACL)can perform the following tasks in the front-end:
- Submit own Quizzes.
- Edit, Delete, Publish, Un-publish own quizzes.
- Can monitor Played Quizzes daily, weekly and monthly reports in beautiful info graphics and data visualizations on his Dashboard.
- Can apply filters to Graphical Reports as well as quiz list.
- Can Copy a Quiz and Move a quiz from one category to another.
- Can quickly move / copy questions from one quiz to another quiz.
- Detailed answers statistics.
- Can set up number of attempts as well as Time Delay between another attempt to his quiz for a particular user.
- Can set up allot time as well as passing score to each quiz separately.
- Can set up Skip Button, Back Button, Flag Button and Progress Bar for each quiz.
- Can set question display ordering either randomly or sequentially.
- Can set up question display either 1 question per page or multiple questions per page.
- Can Import/Export Quizzes along with its Questions data in an Easier and Faster way in CSV Format.
- Can set Penalty as well as question type either Singe Choice or Multiple Choice.
- vQuiz lets you add Dynamic modules that shows Latest quiz, Most Played Quizzes, Recent Played Quizzes, Random Quizzes.
- vQuiz lets you add Slider module that shows Latest quiz, Most Played Quizzes, Recent Played Quizzes, Random Quizzes.
- You can Display your quiz players in a beautiful sliding module.
- You can display your quiz players country wise with no of users as well as top country score with the help of Geo Map Module.
- You can Display a particular Quiz as a Quiz of the Day or to set Quiz of the Day Randomly by the system.
- You can Display most recent or top scoring results of either a particular Quiz or all of the Quizzes.
- You can add numerous widgets of your desired content to Dashboard.
- Includes Line Chart, Area Chart, Stepped Area Chart, Column Chart, Geo Chart, Table Chart, Bar Chart and Pie Chart etc.
Third Party Component Integration
- vQuiz is integrated with JomSocial and Community Builder and allows you to view the results of the created and played quizzes on your JomSocial profile as well Community Builder profile.
- It also allows to display created Quizzes List on your JomSocial profile as well Community Builder profile.
- You can also view quizzes related activities in your JomSocial Activity Stream.
- Track all quiz results played by users e.g. start time, end time, score, flag, status etc.
- More robust Filter function for each view of vQuiz.
- Various Filters in every section.
- Dynamically generated custom reports for an administrator and for the users.
- Ability to export results of all quizzes played by users in CSV file.
- Allow you to send the Quiz Result/Certificate in PDF format.
- Ability to set a particular user for monitoring the statistics/progress of selected Users, Quizzes and Quiz Categories.
- You can check top answered options for a particular question / quiz via Google charts.
- vQuiz lets you allows to set different rules, restrictions, timing etc. parameters for each quiz separately.
- Quiz player can leave a message/comment to the quiz creator for review using custom comment box.
- You can send Certificate of (Trivia and Personality) quiz results to quiz player via email as well as you can directly download the Certificate of the quiz result.
- The vQuiz component can be easily translated into any language. French, Russian, Spanish, Polish, Italian, etc.
vQuiz Result Module
It allows you to display N no of most recent or top scoring results of either a particular Quiz or all of the Quizzes in different order e.g. Latest Quiz Result, Highest Score Quiz Result, Recent Played Quiz Result etc.
vQuiz Myresult Module
It allows you to display N no of most recent or top scoring results of either a particular Quiz or all of the Quizzes of Logged In User in different order e.g. Latest Quiz Result, Highest Score Quiz Result, Recent Played Quiz Result etc.
Quiz of the day
It allows you to set a particular quiz as a Quiz of the Day or to set Quiz of the Day Randomly by the system.
Quiz List module
Allows you to display N no of Quizzes in different order e.g. Latest Quizzes, Most Played Quizzes, Recent Played Quizzes etc.
Quiz Categories Module
Allows you to display N no of Categories in different order e.g. Latest categories, Top Categories, Random Categories etc.
vQuiz JomSocial Quizzes Results
Display played Quizzes Results on user's JomSocial profile.
vQuiz JomSocial Quizzes Activity Stream
Display Quizzes related activities on user's JomSocial activity Stream.
vQuiz Community Builder Quizzes List
Display created Quizzes List on user's Community Builder profile.
- Q1. How can I export Quiz Result Data?
- A1. In vQuiz, you can export results of all quizzes played by users in CSV file using the buttons "CSV-Export" on toolbar on Results view. Front-end user can also export results of all of his quizzes in CSV file. You can also apply Date filters to Export specific records of Quiz Results for a specific time during which the quizzes played.
- Q2. How can I import/export Questions data?
- A2. vQuiz allow you to Import/Export questions data in an Easier and Faster way in CSV Format.
To Import your question Data, go to the question list layout and click on the "Import-CSV" button on toolbar. A popup will appear, browse and upload your cvs file of questions data and click on "Import" button. That's it. Your Bulk has been imported to the system database.
To Export question Data, Click on "CSV-export" button and all your questions data will be downloaded in to csv file.
- Q3. Can I share our quiz score to Social networks?
- A3. Yes, vQuiz allows user to share his quiz results via Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn or Facebook etc. at the end of quiz.
- Q4. Can I download my quiz result?
- A4. Yes, vQuiz allows user (player) to download his quiz result Certificate of quiz played by him. User can also send the Certificate to his desired email address.
- Q5. Is it possible to move/copy a quiz from one category to another?
- A5. Yes, vQuiz allow user (admin) to move and copy a quiz from one category to another category. This task can be perform by simply clicking on "move" or "copy" button in toolbar in quiz list layout from backend. User (admin) can also move and copy a question from one quiz to another quiz in a very simple way. Same process applies for front-end user to copy/move quizzes from one category to another category.
- Q6. Can Site users add their own quizzes from frontend?
- A6. Yes, after registration on the site, user will have his own dashboard through which user can add his quizzes and questions from frontend. Further admin can moderate the site user quizzes using admin panel.
- Q7. Can I create a Multiple Choice question?
- A7. Yes, You can create a multiple choice question for a quiz by choosing the option "Checkbox" from Question Type dropdown in question Form Layout.
- Q8. Can we display users score and number of users playing Quizzes in map?
- A8. Ofcourse yes, you can display average score of different countries and the number of users playing Quizzes across the world with beautiful info graphics in interactive World Map through our vQuiz Geo Map module.
- Q9. Can we display Quizzes in Slider?
- A9. Yes, you can display the all Quizzes or display the Quizzes of a particular Category in a sleek & smooth Slider through our vQuiz Slider.
- Q10. Can we display quiz players in slider?
- A10. Yes you can display the Quiz players in a sleek & smooth Slider as Top Scoring Users or Most Active Users etc. through our vQuiz Users Slider.
- Q11. Is it possible to use vQuiz for a personality test?
- A11. Yes vQuiz can be used for Personality test. There is an option in back end for this i.e. Quiz Type, with this option all answers have some predefined points, and no answer is right or wrong. Using the total points scored you can display different Personality message for different points scored.
- Q12. Is it possible to use vQuiz for a Survey?
- A12. Yes vQuiz can be used for Survey. Set the option “Survey” for Quiz Type field in the Quiz form to use vQuiz as a Survey.
- Q13. Can one quiz have different features, like the first a picture and second radio button, Dropdown, Checkboxes etc.?
- A13. Yes you can have multiple types ( whatever we have radio button, checkbox, dropdown, images can also be included in Quiz description ) of questions in a single quiz.
- Q14. What should I do if got some jQuery conflict or some other functionality are not working due to jQuery issue on my site?
- A14.To avoid jQuery conflict or jQuery functionality not working properly, you can set Load jQuery option to "NO" under "Additional Setting" tab in Configuration section. If your issue not resolved even after unloading jQuery in vQuiz, please contact our Support Team via contact form.
- Q15. We would like to use this vQuiz extension in different languages - is the system able to handle this?
A15. Yes vQuiz support all Language. Now vQuiz is available in English language only. But fortunately Translating it to other language is very easy. All the text strings are available in separate language files. You can copy english language files and translate all the text available in that particular file.
Here is the path:
Front end: components/com_vquiz/language/
Back end: administrator/components/com_vquiz/language/
For other Modules each module has a separate language folder e.g. for Quiz category module you’ll find the file in modules/mod_vquiz_category/language folder and for Quiz module you’ll find the file in modules/mod_vquiz/language folder.
- Q16. Can I use Audio/Video files in/as a Question?
- A16. Yes you can use Audio and Video file in/as a Question.
- Q17. I Like to know what is the difference between vQuiz Bundle and Quiz and Servey Theme?
- A17. vQuiz Bundle comes with all the modules and the core component while Quiz and Survey is a complete Joomla installation with vQuiz Bundle + Quiz theme.
- Q18. What is Quiz Branching?
- A18. By Quiz Branching, Admin can Branch the user/Quiz Player to different parts of your quiz based on their choices.
By default, all Questions set to the next question in the quiz, but you can change this behavior. For example, you might want to branch your Quiz Player to a certain Question in the quiz if they get a particular question right and another question or End the Quiz if they get it wrong.
Quiz Branching redirect user to different question or to Quiz Result based on their choices.
The minimum requirements to run vQuiz are:
- Joomla! 2.5.x or 3.x
- PHP 5.2.4 +
- MySQL 5.0.4 +
- Joomla! 2.5.x or 3.x
- PHP 5.4 +
- MySQL 5.1 +
vQuiz Current Version:
E-Learning: - It's a faster delivering, more effective learning process.
Corporate Purposes: - Make online Quizzes for your staff training and other corporate sections.
Educational Practice: - Having frequent quizzes and tests motivates study and reduces procrastination.
Products Promotion: - To increase popularity of your Products smartly, create short and useful online competitions about certain type of goods or services.
Employee Assessments: - To create assessments & training tests. Get administrative controls & receive detailed reports and accurate statistics for your tests to analyse the performance of your learners.
Educational Exams: - To create secure exams, add instructions, prevent cheating and represent result / score obtained with beautiful charts and graphs.
Personality Quizzes: - To create fun personality quizzes and share with your friends using Email, Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn or Facebook etc.
Online Tests: - To create secure quizzes, add different categories of quizzes, manage quizzes & receive advance performance reports of learners.
Surveys: - To create branded surveys to gather customer feedback or conduct market research.
Polls: - To create stunning polls to gather opinions & feedback. Drive traffic & prevent voting fraud.
And many more.
Didn't find your feature listed. Please suggest it here for next release.